Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dictionary Definition

Under "keeper" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of my Starman. He organized an overnight stay at a bed & breakfast in Cooperstown, NY. (Yup, of Baseball Hall of Fame fame.) The B&B he picked is run by a quilter who hails originally from New Zealand. I quilt. I have family in New Zealand. I certainly had fun chatting with Jean about both topics. Score one for Starman's planning efforts.

But wait -- there's more! There's no quilt shop in Cooperstown, but Jean told us about Heartworks Quilts & Fabrics in Fly Creek. (I'm not going to link to their website -- we Googled them this morning and Google warned us not to click on the link as it "might harm your computer." Not sure what that was about, but I'm not taking the chance.) So, even though there were other things we could have done, Starman said, "Sure, let's go to Fly Creek."

What a lovely man! Quilt stores across the nation would appreciate it if all significant others were as supportive. I know many are, but wouldn't it be nice if they all were??? Then they would all be keepers.

No comments: