Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Commence Quilting!

I've started quilting the yellow flimsy; my goal is to finish it and sew on the binding before we leave; that way I have the handsewing to do over the weekend and then I can mail it from the road. It will be nice to get it done!

I'm do zone quilting, including a field pattern adapted from a nice, rather Asian looking meander that I found in the current issue of Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting (June/July 2008) on p. 64. I like Fons & Porter for this very reason -- they show a dotted line illustration of the quilting, even when the quilting is obviously done with a long arm machine. I'm machine quilting on a conventional sized machine, but I can adapt the more polished looking design. The way I see it, the more I practice my machine quilting, the better I'll get . . . in a very very long time.

Back to work!

No comments: