Wednesday, July 23, 2008

. . . and After

And here it is, all cleaned up. The cutting surface and ironing surface are supplied by Ikea freestanding kitchen furniture. The computer station, bookcases, and shelving for my fabric -- all Ikea. Even the rug is Ikea! The bed, the velveteen chair, and the art work: not Ikea. Oh, and the flowers were a surprise present from my husband, who bought them while doing the grocery shopping. I don't have the heart to tell him that doing the grocery shopping is gift enough!

I have parked the next series of projects in clear plastic boxes. Some are stowed in a cool bag that my cousin, the famous cross stitcher Coffee Jones, gave me. Others are stowed neatly under the chest of drawers.

Note the clever use of a daybed for extra guests. Although I have to tell you -- I hate being shut out of this room for too long. I need to see my fabric!

And here it is! I had carefully put nearly all the stacks away when my husband came home and said I had a new delivery from Hancock's of Paducah. I still have a little room left...

That's my sewing machine, carefully tucked away in a cabinet designed to house a dishwasher. How clever is that? (if I say so myself). This is good because it means that during the cutting stage of a project, I can keep the sewing machine completely put away. I'll be honest, though -- once I start piecing, it doesn't go back in the cubby for a lo-o-ong time.

Just had to include a photo to show where the sewing machine isn't.

1 comment:

Candi said...

Wow, love your sewing room! I'll have to go check out Ikea:)