Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Before . . .

I've finished the Yellow Wip, so it's time to clean the sewing room/office, getting ready for the next project!

Not a moment too soon, either:


In the foreground, my sewing machine cabinet, piled high with fabric, project bags, etc. In the middle ground, a chair and other furniture piled high with fabric, project bags, etc. In the background, a day bed piled high with . . . you get the idea.


You will have to take my word for it, there's an ironing surface on the left and a cutting surface on the right. They just happen to be piled high with fabric, project bags, . . . oh, never mind.

My sewing machine, front & center in the room. I use the computer chair when I sew, so that's the one piece of furniture that stays clean.

Not pictured here are the bags upon bags of fabric. I try to be good about buying fabric, but that's a bit of a relative concept. I restrict my purchases to three occasions: 1) when I need something for an ongoing project, 2) when I'm on vacation, and 3) when I've finished something and feel like I deserve a reward. I'm afraid the past month has been a perfect storm of stash building: we vacationed in New England for a week, and I finished the Yellow Wip just in time for a shop hop in my area. I got good stuff, mind you, but that's no excuse... Luckily I also earned some money for the first time in a while (I'm semi-retired as an attorney), so I don't feel guilty.

But I'll sure feel guilty if I don't get this room clean!

No comments: